Chocolate chip cookie cake


No it's not a giant cookie... it's a cookie in the shape of a cake! It's between a giant chocolate chip cookie and a cake! It has the texture of a cookie and the appearance of a cake.

I had been meaning to make this for some time now, because I knew it would be something I would thoroughly enjoy. Actually, I came across this recipe at Lemonpi a while ago.... and it was a success!

This cookie cake is slightly crisp on the edges, but soft and chewy on the inside, with a rich aroma of brown sugar and smooth semisweet chocolate chips that melt in your mouth.

The beauty in this treat which, I cannot decide whether to categorize as cake or cookie, is the texture. 
I baked mine in a tart pan with a removable base because I don’t have a 10-inch round cake pan. It made it easy to remove the cookie cake when cooled. 



Ingredients:
1 stick (113g) butter
1 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips (58%-62% cacao)
1 cup plain flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 large egg

Preheat the oven to 175ÂșC.

Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together in a medium bowl and set aside. Using a stand mixer or a hand mixer, cream the butter, light brown sugar, and vanilla and almond extracts on medium speed until well combined, about 1 minute. Increase the mixer speed to high and beat for 15 seconds. Stop the mixer, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the egg. Blend on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add the dry ingredients and combine on low speed until just a few dry streaks remain. Add the chocolate chips and mix for a few seconds until combined.

Scrape the batter into a greased and lined 10-inch round cake tin. Press the batter into a smooth and even layer in the pan. Bake until lightly golden and puffy around the edges (the center should still feel quite soft), 18 – 22 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes and then run a paring knife around the edge of the pan to release the cake. Cool for at least 4 hours before turning the cake out of the pan and onto a large plate.




Cookie géante aux pépites de chocolat

Ingrédients:
113 g de beuure
1 1/4 tasse de pépites de chocolat (58%-62% cacao)
110 g de farine
1 1/2 cĂ c de levure chimique
1/4 cĂ c de sel
200 g de sucre roux
1 cĂ c d'extrait de vanille
1/2 cĂ c d'extrait d'amande
1 Ɠuf

PrĂ©chauffez le four Ă  175ÂșC.

MĂ©langez la farine, la levure et le sel dans un saladier. RĂ©servez.
Battez le beurre avec le sucre, l'extrait de vanille et d'amande Ă  vitesse moyenne environ 1 mn.
Battez 15 secondes à haute vitesse. Ajoutez l'Ɠuf et battez à moyenne vitesse pour 30 secondes.
Ajoutez le mélange farine et mixez à vitesse lente. Ajoutez les pépites de chocolat et mélangez à la spatule quelques secondes jusqu'à ce que le mélange soit homogÚne.

Versez la prĂ©paration dans un moule beurrĂ© de 25 cm. Bien Ă©talez la prĂ©paration en une couche lisse et unifome. Enfournez 18 Ă  22 mn jusqu'Ă  ce que les bords soient dorĂ©s (le centre doit rester assez tendre). 
Laissez refroidir 10 mn puis passez un couteau sur les bords pour le démouler.
Laissez refroidir au moins 4 heures avant de transférer le gùteau dans une assiette.


Adapted from Lemonpi

Comments

  1. That is something I'll have to try soon! So irresistible.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, this looks awesome!

    have a nice time!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. This recipe looks great. I'll add it to my to do list :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!! Now all I need is a big glass of cold milk! Thank you for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, a cookie-cake! I love this idea and how you baked it in a tart pan. Thanks for sharing, I'd love a slice with some tea right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cookie, cake--either way, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, I love this! What can be better than a big cookie-cake hybrid?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Chicho this looks marvelous! What an absolutely grand recipe! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. trÚs sympa cette couche bien fine, un gùteau concentré en saveurs !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chicho
    I am totally seduced by this giant cookie-cake and the taste of it! I could make this and it would be gone within hours. What a wonderful idea, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chicho this looks delicious. My daughters would really love this.

    have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum, yum! That chocolate cookie cake looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish I had a slice right now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i adore lemonpi. I used this as the base of a pie once topped with chocolate pudding and meringues. though you need to prescore the cookie bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  15. great timing! my sister wants one of these for her birthday and this looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My favorite chocolate chip cookies are crisp on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside, just like this cookie cake! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Boy! That is probably the most perfect combination evaaaaar. Looks so good, it gave me a huge chocolate craving.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's it! I need your address...I'm coming over. Do you have milk???

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm completely in love with this cookie cake! I think if I made it, I probably won't even bother to slice it, just bite straight into the whole cookie. LOL. This recipe brings out the child in me! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love it! Much easier and faster than making individual cookies, too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Girl.... I'm loving this recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely, what a great idea for a giant cake made out of a cookie! Oh do tell me, where did you find chocolate chips??? I have been searching for such a long time for them... heck I'd even take a trip to Paris if I have to just to get them!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely, nice post and will put this on my list of things to try out :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Jenn, you can find them at Intermarché or Carrefour, under the brand Vahiné.
    Hehe you made me laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. i think i could eat the whole cake on my own. it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is similar to the big pan blondie I make and love it! But I think baking and serving it this way is so much prettier.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This looks much easier than baking dozens of cookies and a lot more fun! Perfectly browned too.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the edges on this beautiful treat. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love this giant cookie, it looks like one of my favorite dessert Pizookie, it's a cookie in a pizza pan.

    Congrats on making Top 9

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congrats on the Top 9! Delicious looking cookie-cake - wish I had a piece now with a giant glass of milk!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I audibly gasped at the gorgeous and awesomely huge cookie on my screen and the baby in my belly did a little leap too. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Looks irresistible! A perfect combination of cake and cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Chicho,

    Thnks for yr visit and compliments: yr blog is really lovely.
    Ciao!
    Aniko

    ReplyDelete
  34. Woooo!! This looks awesome. First time to your blog. Looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. All I can say is mmmmm! My little ones would love this but I would end up eating more than half!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is such an amazing cookie. Delightful, and I must try the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Looks delicious - the only thing than cookies are gigantic cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Now this is something I can definitely get on board with! Would it be horrible if I ate the entire cookie myself? After all, it *is* only one cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  39. So its in a 175 degree oven???

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts